Hello Holidays | Cape Town Day 4

Hello Friends!
Today was yet another clear-skied, swelteringly hot day in Cape Town and we took full advantage of the beautiful weather to really get out and do something besides mall-hop today. Although we (I) woke up super late, we were able to literally cease the day and experience nature at it's best.

I must just tell you about the story of the missing slice of toast...

This morning, rather than wake me, Lee decided to go for breakfast on his own and leave me to sleep. He returned a while later and reportedly had brought me down a slice of toast with butter thinly spread just how I like it...however...I did not get to see this reported slice of toast - ever. I woke up a little while later...lazed around a bit, got up, did my hair, did my make up...told Lee I wasn't too happy with him for going for breakfast without me and that's when he told me about the slice of toast. Needless to say...we looked on the nightstand, beneath the nightstand, under the bed, in my luggage...no toast. I think it's a fallacy, but Lee is adamant that he brought the slice of toast to the room. And that's how the mystery of the slice of toast was born! He even asked the room service ladies to look for it and keep it to show me when we got back. Upon our return to the hotel this evening, I found no slice of toast.

Furthermore we were very lucky to see one of Lee's sisters, Tal today as she was in Cape Town on a camp until today. She spent the afternoon with us and made us miss home and family loads!

Getting jumbo-sized chipstix at the market. These are amazing and rare! You can tell these two are related as they both got Salt & Vinegar flavoured ones ;)
We tried out the iPhone 5 Panoramic feature (I'm still an amateur at using it!) and loved the results from our deck view in Camps Bay.
The restaurant we visited had about 20 negative reviews on Foursquare, but we took the risk and tried their Chicken Scnitzel. We were pleasantly surprised at the good service and lovely presentation of the food. Awesome!
We visited Camps Bay beach for our first feel of the water since being here. As per usual it was freezing...hello Atlantic ocean!
We were taking photos when a freak wave came up behind us (we were so high up though!?) and drenched Lee's shorts and made us jump as it chilled us.
Having a good giggle...isn't Lee just so handsome!?
Funny faces ofcourse...
The ocean - very roughety rough today!
One last pic...this time with sunnies because the sand glares from the sun.
Proof of wet and sandy feet...
We popped into the V&A (Again!) to pick up some items for Tal.
And then took a drive up to Chapman's Peak to watch the sun set...
Lee drove like an absolute champ!
And we rediscovered our gratitude for Megs who allowed us to have the view of the open skies as we went..

1000s of miles of open ocean...and the thoughts of all the wonderful creatures that call it home..
The view straight down from where we stopped.
Tal soaking up the last sunrays for the day and enjoying the view.  
One last photie of the siblings to send home to mom and dad..

wends x


This entry was posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply