Hello Holidays | Cape Town Day 7

Hello Friends!

Oh my! We've been here for a week already!? It's just going too fast! We only have about three more days left in Cape Town, but as any fun-having holiday-goers, we're not ready to go back yet...we want to stay and not go back to work and life!

Today we started out on what we thought would be an hour long (MAX!) journey and ended up being a really long adventure. I was ofcourse wearing a flimsy dress and the cape wind decided to make a ravishing appearance leaving me clutching the seams THE WHOLE TRIP LONG. Needless to say, we were not dressed for the 45 minute long hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Point, but we made do and were rewarded generously with the most untouched and stunning views I have ever seen. Although I'm putting photos up, no camera no matter it's specs, lens, aperture...whatever could do justice to the beauty we beheld today. I am so grateful to the universe or the wonderful people who fight for conservation who have proven to me today that if I ever feel crowded in a world with A LOT of people and concrete buildings, there is at least one place on earth that is still open, free and untouched. I marveled today!

We (us three!) explored the Cape Point Nature Conservation Park which forms part of SANPARKS (South African National Parks) and enjoyed a meal overlooking the Atlantic on our left, and the Indian Ocean on our right. Amazing right?

When we sat down at the tables outside in the sun, we met friends who were Israelis and Lee started speaking to them in Hebrew to which they heartily replied and made merry conversation. It amazes me how Cape Town changes people. We live in Johannesburg and everything is so fast-paced and crazy...but here people are friendly and will stop in flowing traffic in order for you to cross the road. You are greeted with smiles wherever you go and you realize that you haven't given your country all the credit where it's due. We had lunch with foreigners, yet it felt like we knew these people as family friends. I love Israeli people. They are the most hospitable people you will come across. Lee has told me many times that in an Israeli home, you never wait for an invitation and I have personally experienced this hospitality.

We had a beautiful day and one that I won't easily forget. I believe that this was exactly the kind of day we needed to end off 2012 and leave all the bad memories behind and take into the future with us ONLY the good. To all you celebrating tonight, have a marvelous time and be safe!

Much love

wends x












This entry was posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply