Weekend at the Vaal | Holidays

Hello Friends!

Last weekend we spent an amazing two days at the Vaal dam with friends. We originally planned to leave at 15:30 on the Friday afternoon, but after everything we ended up leaving around 18:00 and arriving closer to 20:00. Nonetheless we were made to feel at home very quickly and so the relaxation started!
Of course I took way too many photos, but surprisingly I did something else more than take photos...BURN! The weather was so amazing that we decided to get into our bathing suits and head out on kayaks on the lake. I would like to take this opportunity to mention that there are no photos of me kayaking because balance is not my strong point and when Rox got onto the double kayak with me, she was VERY determined to NOT get tipped into the lake!
Another important thing to take note of is that the Vaal dam stinks of dead fished mixed with sewerage. At least we all smelt of it so nobody felt left out!

We had such a wonderful time and when it was time to leave late Sunday afternoon there was a lot of hesitation and pondering over plans of how to get off work the next day! We can't wait to go back there for more amazing, memory-filled* times!

*A note to Roxanne - Next time you try to drag me into the bathroom on the floor grab both legs!

wends x
Lee was missing his bike, so this one had to do!
These two are the biggest sports when it comes to photos! What awesome individuals!
This is the amazing view, a minute's walk down the slope from the cottage! Having been in Joburg for a while I could really appreciate such a beautiful landscape!
I love this photo of Lee. Rox and I were teasing him and Ray for rowing all the way to the opposite end of the cove because we got halfway and realized that the windy conditions would make it very difficult to get back! The boys were adamant that they were going to catch a wave back to shore...then the wave caught them!
 
Freddie the frog! We found little Freddie after we'd been out on the lake. I was not going to run back up to get my macro lens so I decided to go down on my knees and lean towards him as close as I was comfortable with, but every time I stabilized myself on my knees he would jump closer! What a poser!

Taking a moment to appreciate the fauna and flora. I'm a sucker for roses!

What a beautiful sunrise. Breathtaking!
There's nothing like an ice cold cream soda next to the water!



This entry was posted on Friday, November 8, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply